Tuesday 28 December 2021

Doing the French Dispatch

This movie is so Wes Anderson it's painful!

Journalists write for the French Dispatch, and this is three stories from those journalists. One about a painter, one about a chef and one about a revolutionary. But there's more to each story and you get wrapped up and carried away in each story.

This is, I have to say, EXCEPTIONALLY shot. Every frame a picture indeed. Wes Anderson knows what he is doing, and the screen is his canvas. Every shot perfectly framed, exquisitely composed and finely crafted.

And the story is all right. Certainly I can't say I brought into everything doing on, but I didn't mind as I was swept along at every moment. And an amazing cast of actors. Although hey, if I was asked "do you want to be in a Wes Anderson movie," I would say yes no matter how small the part. (And some actors are only on screen for moments.)

Certainly a feast for the eyes. I missed it during the festival, and definitely glad I caught up with it.

[END]

No comments: