Thursday 10 February 2022

Defth of the Neil

There was Death. There was a Nile. Can't fault the move on the title.

Do I need to go into the story? Like this is an issue. This is a well known story (hence why it was chosen as the second movie), but this is standard Agatha Christie. So much so that I can't remember if I remember the story or not (I read all her books many years ago if not before or after then), but I was able to stop the big plot and who was at fault pretty much straight away more or less, so was largely spotting clues as we went through. But... are people expected to go in blind to this? Many people won't be, so does this work for them?

From a film viewpoint, this is a very well done movie. Great casting, great acting, great sets... although I will give a critique that the director overly liked his EXTREME FACE CLOSE UP! Back of camera, I don't need to be that close! So it's definitely an enjoyable movie (and I now want to go back to watch the train movie), so you'll certainly like the movie well enough as a movie.

But from the view of being surprised by the plot and being ahead of the detective... I'm not sure. I could tell who was to blame, so someone else will have to comment on not having any ideas...

[END]

No comments: