Saturday 16 April 2022

One with Everything

So there's this new movie out that uses the idea of a multiverse, ripped from the MCU... because people have never heard of The One???

Evelyn is just a mother and a wife and the owner of a laundromat that is in trouble with the IRS, and that's all... except for her husband who pops in from another universe to say that she has to take on a mutli-versal threat, and to do that requires earpods.

Like, it's a big feature that everyone wears these chunky over the ear pieces, that Evelyn is just fine with wearing? And I don't know who's going to get in first for trading in on the name. Raycon is all about the in-ear pieces, so I doubt them, and big ear pieces are more for office work, but I'm sure some company would try to get in on this.

But anyway, Michael Yeoh gets to play a range of things, and is clearly having lots of fun doing so. As is Jamie Lee Curtis. Even Ke Huy Quan is down with it! And James Hong is always up for anything wacky. Clearly everyone is enjoying this, and that easily comes through.

I have no idea how long the production period was, but there was a lot shots needed for just one moment, so I doubt it was easy. But it's worth it with everything on screen.

For some reason, my local didn't carry this, so I had to go twenty minutes to get to a theatre that did. Which meant I got there after the start time, but hey, that's what the ads are for, so that worked fine. If you can find a place that screens this, go for it!

[END]

No comments: