Saturday 20 August 2022

I have Just Cause 2 hate the map

Having playing Far Cry series, I thought I would continue with that feeling by playing the Just Cause games. JC1 was... very much the old graphics of the time. And game play was basically "get to the checkpoint". I played a few hours, but gave it up.

Bringing me to JC2. So far, I need to expand the various fractions so I can get to the guy, which involves going around the map and dealing with the bases. At each point, there are weapon etc upgrade parts to collect, and some times things to destroy, which go toward the completion. Once 100%, the base is done.

However... and this is where I start complaining about the map. For a start: you can't place markers on the map. So if I want to get somewhere, I am constantly bringing up the map to make sure I am on track. And then when I am at the base, for parts if you get close you see a marker, but otherwise... no idea where anything is. No idea even what counts as the area of the base so I don't know how far I need to look. And people don't show up on the map either, so I don't know where people are until I get shot. This is NOT GOOD gameplay.

And so I am playing... but I have a God Mode cheat on. Hey, it's my game, I can play how I want. But me not getting killed while I have no awareness is how I can deal with the deficiencies of needing to wander around trying to find things. Which means I'm going to play this game more, but definitely on my terms.

(And there are other things I don't like, but again, God Mode gives a lot of forgiveness.)

[END]

No comments: