Friday 2 June 2023

Cross the Spdr-vrs

I saw Part One last night... it is definitely a Part One.

Hmm.. there is a lot of this movie that hasn't been revealed in the majority of the trailers I've seen. There are definitely things I can mention that are right at the start of the movie, but I know people, and they will complain, and since I have seen this long before most people, I'm just gonna say nothing.

This is certainly a progression of Miles' story, and there was far more connection to the first movie that I was expecting. But this story does get really meta. I don't see the average movie goer getting a lot of this story, it expects you to know a lot about Spider-Man history. Now, a lot of us do, but the average movie goer? I'm not so sure. (Not that I'm the best barometer of that, as I do know more than most people do.)

[Which also means I got some of the really deep cuts they threw in there. And enjoyed them!]

Good performances throughout, and the animation styles are fitting.. although there were a few sequences I really wasn't sure what they were doing with the backgrounds.

I'm not entirely sure I recommend this ahead of waiting for Part 2 to come out, but at over two hours it's not going to be a quick rewatch before that happens.

[END]

No comments: