Monday 18 December 2023

Dawn of the Nougat

Many years later, we got a chicken sequel... been a while since I saw the first, so let's see what I remember.

And the movie recaps the salient points from the first movie, so that's not a problem! Here we get the next step, namely the introduction of a kid, who grows up and causes trouble. Which eventually because the drive for the chickens to actually do something and where they escaped a camp last time, this time they... infiltrate a camp! What a twist! ... but yeah, that makes sense. It's not a story I think needs telling, but I'm not dismissing it now we have it.

The voices get recast, because it has been a while... and a lot of them are fine in an of themselves, but are quite different from what we got the first time. Instead of Mel Gibson we have Zachery Levy (barely a step up), and instead of Julia Sawalha we have Thandiwe Newton, and that's quite the change. But hey, Bella Ramsey as the kid, so yay!

So we have a second. Is there a sign of a third? I'm not looking for it, but I won't turn away should we get one.

[END]

No comments: