Friday 23 August 2024

Outside In 2

I'm getting really confused about these movies... wait, is that an emotion?

Riley goes to Hockey Camp, but also experiences puberty and so also gets new emotions. Which makes things a mess, and so we have the battle of the old emotions vs the new emotions! Who will win? Fight for Riley, fight, fight, fight!

So the Emotions control Riley, but she is also her own person and does her own thing? And the emotions feel emotions too? I really can't keep track of what this movie is trying to have us understand. And there are Imaginations? And mind police creatures? The analogy of people inside your head controlling you only goes so far and it fell off a cliff for me in this movie.

There are still some good bits in here, but I'm going to place a lot of the heavy lifting for that on the music. I definitely noticed it during the more emotional (in the usual Pixar sense) scenes. And I'm not saying they didn't work, just that I could tell what was going on.

Voices... everyone is fine. I have no idea how many people came back from the first movie, but they seem the same? And the art style is consistent, so that's good. (Probably helps that this is a closer sequel than some have been... looking at you, Incredibles!)

It's fine, but... I'm just not tracking everything properly here.

[END]

No comments: