Friday 22 February 2008

Fool for more than gold

Ugh. I'm not sure if this was "inspired" by National Treasure, or this was just some crap waiting to be dumped: the premise is a hunt for treasure... with lots of underwater diving. And not exciting chase diving like in those James Bond movies, but instead exciting shots of people looking under the shoal of the sea bottom and finding treasure... or looking in caves and finding treasure. Yeah, that was really hard to find...

I'm talking about Fool's Gold, which I saw because clearly I didn't have anything else better to do like beat my head against a brick wall.

I can't buy Matthew McConaughey as a leading man any more than I buy Malcolm-Jamal Warner as a Jamacian, both lies the movie expects us to believe. Kate Hudson isn't much of a leading lady either, and I don't want to even think about Alexis Dziena (the main "humour" in the movie is keyed off of how stupid her character is). And it's obvious that Donald Sutherland has completely given up on his career.

This movie can be watched if you really want to, but only if you can't find anything more spiritually fulfilling... like a Teletubbies movie...

[END]

No comments: