Saturday 5 July 2008

Ain't she a beautiful sight?

We were cautioned with major delays to getting to work on Friday, because... there was a convoy on the roads! Truckers took to the road in a united effort to draw attention to increased road charges. (One joke I heard "since people were getting to work early, this would mean more productivity, so we should have more price increases"... yeah...)

Certainly there were some blockages this morning...


Me, I got to work fine, and didn't even hear them around until 9am (and continued to hear the occasional horn blast for the next hour). I didn't get photos myself, but did grab cam images.


While I wasn't bothered, I can't say the same for everyone.


Don't worry, there are better photos around. And while this looked to be a good idea, some people took it too far.

As for me, I know nothing about road charges, but certainly I'm willing to take their view that something is off. But not sure that ultimately anything good will come from this... yet.

(And, yes, I did have that song going through my head.)

[END]

No comments: