Monday 31 August 2009

An injection of culture

Sunday, not much happening, I decide to get out of the house, but don't want to spend money. So where to go? To our center of culture, Te Papa! I wandered around, taking as much time as I did, or didn't, want to spend, poking around, seeing this, seeing that. Actually, can't honestly say that I was that injected with culture, but at least I did go somewhere more notable than the book store. And yes, I saw the Colossal Squid! Also took in Art of the Nation (very interesting Cloud exhibit [that video was playing, and I saw the square with no words, just dots!]), Precious Metals, Passports (managed to captain a migrant vessel successfully), Scots in New Zealand, went to The Marae, Blood Earth Fire, and walked around Bush City (although the weather wasn't nice for outside activities). And that wasn't everything there!

Wasn't that packed either, so if you have some free time, why not pop on in?

This was playing in the Art of the Nation section. Note that the original music was lost, so the poster added their. Up to you if you want to hear their version, or as Te Papa plays it silent. Join me in this cultural video: Tusalava.

[END]

No comments: