Monday 1 March 2010

CCC

That's right, I'm up to date me, and have finally seen that movie that creamed everyone's panties back in 2006. In short... really?

Let's get the obvious out of the way: there is no plot. There's an extended fight scene, which goes on and on, at various speeds. Has anyone worked out how quick the movie would be if it was all at proper speed? I'm guessing 30 minutes less at least.

And considering continual gore fest didn't inspire me, that didn't leave a lot of movie left. I'm not worried about the historical inaccuracy, we are talking Hollywood after all, but I am surprised they didn't have the Spartans kill everyone, including Xerxes, in one go! Certainly they hardly had any issues to begin with, and were even so well trained they had good dental and manicure and pedicure work!

Gerald Butler plays a fine Brian Blessed, and Rodrigo Santoro is enjoyable as a person twice the height of Leonidas and only half the width. As for the rest of them, they were all too heavily CGId to really tell who was whom.

It's too late for me to comment on going to see this, but I can offer one piece of advice. See it this way. That's how I got through it...

[END]

1 comment:

Foo said...

Wow, you're just like me! I haven't seen it yet, although it is on my 'list'.

Saw District 9 for the first time over the weekend. Loved it. I want more movies like Halo to be cancelled so they can give us fantastic films like that! :-)