Saturday 11 September 2010

The Americano

Since I liked the last George Clooney movie I saw, I thought I'd give this one a go. After all, the poster has Clooney looking all dangerous with a gun!

The movie is about Jack, a killer, who is tracked down in his personal life so runs away and gets a job making a gun and... you know what? I don't care. I'll tell you something else. The movie doesn't care either. It doesn't even know what genre it's in. It's not action, it's not thriller, it's not drama, it's not... it tries to be, but it just doesn't get it right. One moment people are shooting at Jack, the next he's trying to romance a prostitute, and then he's talking guns... what? And that ending...

George Clooney is, of course, great in the role. Not his fault the movie doesn't actually know what his character is supposed to be doing or how he's supposed to react to the world around him. To be honest, the rest of the actors are mainly Italian, and I don't know any of them, and the movie didn't make me want to know their characters either.

Bad movie. I'm sure it'll be a bit hit with the star, but don't go see it just because he's in it.

[END]

No comments: