Thursday 30 September 2010

Interest... Dying...

You may have noticed that I'm not the world's biggest gaming addict. Yeah, I don't tend to play computer games, and have certainly never been more than mildly interested in MMOs. (It usually goes away whenever I stop reading whatever related article I happen to be perusing.)

But when I found out about DC Universe Online, I was interested. I like the DC Universe (hurry up, Green Lantern movie!), and, yes, might just be intrigued enough to actually get in and play in there. Like I have the time for that... but I have the interest so I'd make the time...

The date of release is start of November. Fine, not out yet, neat, I can get in on this early and be there, more or less, when it kicks off. I checked our local gaming store and saw they would have it then, great.

And then I rechecked yesterday. Release date is now end of January. Okay... I guess... fair enough... probably has to go through shipping and censors and... But... there'll be people who would have been playing it for four months then. There'll be people at the top end of the levels, and in between, and dozens of alts, and lots of the good names will have been taken, and griefers will be firmly enscounced...

I could get it near the release date from Amazon (which does ship video games to some international countries... such as New Zealand). Except I might be able to get it cheaper over here... and don't games also have regionality to deal with? Would I be able to play a game from the US?

Eh... my interest is now dying in this area. Instead of popping into the local gamestore come November and then jumping online, I'm now jumping through hoops or waiting many months... I guess that's my interest in DC Online over with...

[END]

No comments: