Friday 22 July 2011

Melbourne at Play

After kicking off the social section by meeting up with Pete, I had the whole weekend in front of me.

Saturday, I set out northeasterly, heading towards the museum. Just outside, there was a fountain, brilliantly backlit by the sun.


In the museum, while I didn't go to the Tutankhamun exhibit, I did see a quick 3d movie about Egypt first as I had time. Seriously, Melbourne, nothing opens before 10am for tourists? Te Papa would have had a hundred visitors by then! The movie was nice, and then we were told by a SUDDENLY LOUD VOICE to basically GTFO. Nice move.

The museum itself was fairly expansive, and had some nice interactive exhibits. They've a forest I saw some birds in, and a small river where I saw a fish (yes, there is a fish there).

The afternoon, after a passing Italian meal, I headed over the the Old Melbourne Gaol. Where I got locked up.

I also took part in the Trial of Ned Kelly as Constable McIntyre. Helped sentence him to death! Go me!

Just one day, and that was a lot of walking...

(Although I'll be discussing some pictures, check out my trip photo album.)

[END]

2 comments:

Jet Simian said...

I knew there was a reason for that beard! It's uncanny...

Jamas Enright said...

In the gaol, the sergeant said that I could have hidden dangerous weapons in my beard...