Sunday 5 February 2012

She wants all your luvin'

http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

With a new album, MDNA, coming out, there is of course the new single to highlight it. One "Give Me All Your Luvin'", also featuring M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj. And...

It's a real mish-mash of a song. Not too surprising when it's about her own career, and she hits several references to her past songs. At one moment 80s, then current poppiness, then cheerleaders, then...

Which does make it rather jarring, to be honest. Now, I already have the album pre-ordered, so the odd-ness of the song is not going to put me off.

Then there are the lyrics "Every record sounds the same / You've got to step into my world". Um, a little on the nose there, lady. And for the fans, there's always "I see you coming and I don't wanna know your name". I'm sure she doesn't. Still, she knows what she wants "Give me all your love and give me your love / Give me all your love today / Give me all your love and give me your love". But to really summarise the full intent of the song "Let's forget about time / And dance our lives away!"

I hope there are some deeper tracks than this coming up.

Next up: The Video!

[END]

No comments: