Monday 30 April 2012

Top Gear Hilarity

Yes, I admit it, I watch a car show. Not just any car show, mind you the car show: Top Gear. And I'll tell you why.

It's not for the cars. When the presenters get into a car and race around and spout off statistics... I don't care. And then they get into the next model up and say 'this goes a little bit faster and thus is the best thing ever', it means nothing to me.

Similarly, their 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' bores me. I don't care who they get in, Matt Smith for example, tell us about the cars they had when younger, who cares? Seeing how fast they go around the track, whatever, next!

No, what I like, and what gets me watching, is when they go on a road trip or just go for straight out challenges. When the presenters have to do a task, and set about it... and completely arse it up. That's really why people watch, why it's so popular, why it's lasted so many seasons (having short seasons helps up the season counter too admittedly). Just check out this clip of the presenters trying to come up with a new take on the caravan and see if you're not laughing!


[END]

No comments: