Saturday 29 September 2012

Just a Minute

I'm slowly making my way through a slew of Just a Minute episodes. It's a great half-hour panel show that has caused me more than a few outbursts of laughter, and needing to pause a few times upon occasions to get some control back. The basic idea is to talk for a minute without hesitation, repetition or deviation. [This could be a great show to have during a convention.]

Paul Merton does very well. Clement Freud tends to go for the joke then bow out. Ross Noble is great at just blathering, Sue Perkins does better than she thinks, and Giles Brandreth did a great speech once for 75 seconds. I've only heard one old show (at time of writing), to which I say Derek Nimmo was great, but someone shut Kenneth Williams up please.

For the 45th Anniversary, they did televisual episodes. Check it out, although some of the peoples may look rather older than you remember...

[END]

No comments: