Tuesday 21 January 2014

Broken Age Act I

Just finished playing the first half of Broken Age... woo! Finally; as a backer, I've been waiting for this.

I can't talk too much about the story, because they want the story spoilers kept to a minimum... I do wonder how much of the story was already familiar to me because of watching all the 2Player videos, so I already knew about the opening worlds of the boy and the girl... and the bits I wasn't aware of are the parts I can't talk about! But the story was developed well, and that end of the Act... right... I need to think about that.

I choose to play as the boy first... I don't know if playing as the girl first might give a slightly different ending... although I can see where they tie them together, so maybe not. Still, it took me four hours, so if I was going to do that, it'll take me a while to get around to finding time to do that.

The puzzles themselves were decent enough. There were a few moments of 'I've tried rubbing everything I have on everything else, what am I missing?' to stump me... but I did indeed manage to solve all the puzzles myself after thinking about them for long enough.

But now I have to wait for Act 2 to be ready... dammit!

[END]

No comments: