Thursday 2 October 2014

Minecraft in my eyes

Oddly, while I have no interest in playing Minecraft, I have seen a movie about it... and I like to watch it.

I supposed it's part of my fascination with seeing people craft things with care and attention and patience, and I don't really have any of those things. (Says the man who makes latch hook rugs.)

One of my favourite moments of care and attention is from Toy Story 2 with the old guy who cleans Woody. If anyone knows of documentaries that focus on that aspect of work, let me know.

So, Minecraft, it's all up to the player to create, and there's no way I would have the patience for it. Punching trees to get wood, then get a pick axe, then cut stone, then create bricks and... oh, I'm bored already. Skip to the end, please!

And yet, I am capable of watching others do it. Maybe because I can watch in double speed? But yeah, it's oddly soothing.

On the other hand, animated movies/skits made in Minecraft can die in a fire...

[END]

No comments: