Wednesday 27 January 2016

Berdmin

This is one of those movies that got a lot of acclaim when it came out, so I had to eventually get around to seeing it.

Michael Keaton is Michael Keaton as Riggan as Batman as Birdman, and now he's directing and starring in a play. Which suffers a few problems from ego-centric actors, but the play must go on no matter what happens. Until finally the problems the character has seeps too much into Riggan and he gets too into the part.

I'm going to be one of those people that say "I don't really get it." I am impressed by the long moving takes the camera does while scenes play out, but I'm not sure of the full impact of the moments. It feels rather... insider joke to me. You need to know more about the situation of the exact circumstances of what the character is going through, and I don't.

Still, Michael Keaton is decent, and Edward Norton feels overcast as the over the top actor. Emma Stone looks... young, and Zack Galifianakis looks hairy.

I'm sure this is brilliant for some, but doesn't quite resonate with me.

[END]

No comments: