Thursday 12 May 2016

Civil Unwar

Yes, of course I saw it, it just took me a while to get around to writing about it.

This movie is quite impressive in that it's an Avengers movie, and a Captain America movie. The story is well balanced between being about Cap and things in his life and bringing in the other heroes. For a while, I wondered if the big clash (that the trailer is all about) would be a rushed job, but even that was well done and there was even more afterwards. And yet, it didn't feel overly long.

But, of course, there is a but. There were some plot points that annoyed me, mainly around how various characters were just so conveniently in place to get the next bit of information to cause the next scene. And there's a big problem to be in that the big battle shouldn't have happened (and in many ways it's about as stupidly justified as the other blue-dressed superpowered being against the millionaire playboy in a mask).

Overall, I liked this movie more than my usual cynicism with Marvel movies. Unlike some, I'm not placing this at the top of any movie lists, but it gets the nod.

And btw:

[END]

No comments: