Saturday 2 July 2016

Caddyschlock

A wee break before I get into the next series. I've heard a lot about this great comedy movie, so let's watch it for the first time!

The caddies at this shack have bigger ambitions than just caddying for people. One in particular tries to smooze up to one of the patrons in get on his more professional program. At the same time, various patrons rub each other up the wrong way in various comedic ways. And then there's the groundskeeper who is dealing with a gopher infestation. They all come together as people decide who they really want to be in a final showdown between golfers.

This it the great classic comedy, and features Harold Ramis as one of the writers so you know it's going to be good. There was one small problem... not one of the jokes landed for me. Not once was I even amused. Bemused, yes, but that's as far as it got. Frankly, it made me yearn to rewatch Tin Cup, which was a better movie for me. Even Bill Murray couldn't raise a smile here.

And there's a sequel which is apparently worse...

[END]

No comments: