Monday 20 September 2021

Shaun Chi

Finally managed to see the latest Marvel movie, with lockdown easing and movies coming out later.

Shang-Chi has daddy issues, understandable when your dad is the leader of the Ten Rings. In fact, the whole movie is about family issues. There is also a lot of martial arts fighting, and Awkwafina, but otherwise it's family. (So this is the Fast and Furious of Marvel movies?)

A lot of people are loving this movie, but I can't say it feels like more than an average Marvel movie to me. So ... uh... I don't feel like I have a lot of say here.

Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy it. Just that as I think back on it... I'm remembering bits from the trailer more than the actual movie. Considering that I was careful to avoid any spoilers and stuff, maybe I was expecting too much?

In all, it was decent, but... that's about it.

[END]

No comments: