Sunday 27 March 2022

Crying not very Far

Far Cry 6 was free this weekend, so as I've played all the others, yeah, give it a go. Don't really feel like paying for it at the moment though, and no doubt I'll be able to get it for really cheap in a year, which might be the way to go.

I only played it for a short time to get to where I could co-op, but already I can tell you: it's more of the exact same. You liked Far Cry 4 and 5? Or 5 and New Dawn? Expect to do exactly the same thing here. You are actually a bad ass that is reluctantly drawn into a battle against an enemy force. We have installations to take out, lots of collectibles to find, and side missions...

However, I had one big small problem. The only way I could get the game to run was to shut down everything else on my computer. And even then, it wanted to play in a lower resolution that my monitor does. Even on the low end, this pegs out my computer. So... that's all I'm playing for now anyway.

Which is a general thing I'm facing. There are lots of new games coming out, from (yes, although it has issues) Cyberpunk 2077 to Ghostwire Tokyo to Far Cry 6 that I would like to play, but my computer can't handle it. Usually I upgrade when there's a new version of Windows to move to, so while Win11 has now come out, it's not really that prevelent yet.

And there are some parts of my computer I like. Mainly the drives, and I upgrade my power supply so I know that's good... all I really need is a new CPU and a new Graphics card ("all", ha!), but then I'll likely need a new motherboard, and maybe new memory, and would then need to reinstall everything.

I have to upgrade at some point. I do want to put it off for a while (lots of other things taking my money at the moment), so I'll stick to some older games (some of which aren't that old). [As long as no new Tomb Raider games come out.] It's not like I don't have enough games in my Steam Library or other places...

[END]

No comments: