Monday 6 June 2022

Decrets of Sumblesore

I've finally bothered to watch the latest movie and... I can't say that I hated it.

There is definitely some problems with it. From the hamfisted attempt at a political story to some rather pointless plots about brothers being captured, but... It was fine. There's some stuff that doesn't work well, but that isn't to say this is actively bad.

Although I will question the entire point of Clarence.

But the performances are all right. The effects are fine. While I don't think you need some of the story points, I could follow what was going on (which is more than many people could say for the second movie).

Overall it's a Meh. But the Wizarding World was never something I was actively involved in. And certainly I won't be bothered if there are no more movies (which I know is a preferred treatment, or at least take it away from that problematic author). The movie in and of itself is fine.

The circumstances around some of the actors and the producer are the real problems.

[END]

No comments: