Saturday 27 August 2022

Still Just Cause 2 Hate Things

More complaining. Why am I still playing the game then? Because I actually like the story and the events, I just don't like some of the actual gameplay elements.

Back to the map, it still sucks. I have learnt some aspects of it, so I can track down pick up items (if I'm close), but that still doesn't help hunting down that last 5% item the base/city/place is wanting you to get to make it 100%. Oh, and there are collectables, 100 for each of the three factions, and only now do I realise the blue marks on the map are indicating them. I say "now" because I have checked them before (the yellow marks are places to visit) but nothing showed up before. Maybe I didn't have the collectibles activated yet? But now there are 300 collectables and so much map to clear up... if I care. If I'm in the area, maybe, but otherwise I doubt I'll go that far (he says before his neurosis kick in).

The vehicles also suck, and they are what you need to get around the place and do races. However, unless you upgrade them, as soon as you hit anything (another vehicle, some bit of geometry) you can be sent flying. And upgrading them isn't that straight forward, some are already upgraded, some aren't. And if you upgrade something and pay to get it delivered... I hope you don't want to hold onto it because you can lose it just as easily.

So is there anything I like? The hacking/hijacking mini game isn't bad, actually. These are QTEs from the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4. For hijacking, it's a three button sequence. For hacking, it's around 10. Enter the numbers in time, and you are done. If you don't... the hijacking isn't bad, you just pick up where you were, but for the hacking you need to restart. But hey, it's easy enough that it's fun. And I hijack A LOT. A lot of helicopters get sent for me, and they explode me a lot. (Reminder, I am cheating and have infinite health, which is very useful as I can't even tell where the damn thing is before its shot me up.)

All this, and I've sunk over 20 hours into this already. And the story missions are just waiting for me. I've filled up so much of the bars just farting around completing places that I can now just hop from story mission to story mission... but maybe I'll check out that place first, and do that race of there before...

[END]

No comments: