Friday 7 October 2022

Alive Dead Brain

Okay, finally got around to seeing this absolute classic of Peter Jackson... Sam Raimi, eat ya heart out!

A man goes to the zoo with his would-be girlfriend and his mother gets bitten by the Sumatra Rat-Monkey. How often has this happened to you? The mother becomes a zombie, lots of other people get infected, how often we have encountered this...

Already, this is better than Bad Taste, both in story and effects. Okay, this time Peter wasn't making up the story as he went along, so that isn't entirely fair to compare them, but we have a far more coherent structure, although it is basically "zombies, and then people, and zombies attack them!". Not exactly a detailed structure of the likes of Christopher Nolan, but it works for me!

And the effects work so much better. I had a longer version (104 mintues) with extra gore, and there are a lot of great practical effects spurting things all over the place and gooey entrails and all sorts of the like. Great stuff!

I can see why so many people recommend this, and I add my voice to that. I now understand "I kick ass for the Lord!"

[END]

No comments: