Sunday 23 October 2022

Dark Adam!

I didn't really have the energy to see this as soon as it came out. I didn't want to see it... but I did want to want to see it. And then as as last second decision, I decided to go.

In the past a tyrant wanted powers and the peoples rose up against him, but then in current day Apocalypse was risen again... I mean that in the past Teth Adam fought and now he's back. But is he a hero? The Justice Society step in to see what is going on with him, while he in helping the people of Khandak against the forces of Intergang... the most boringly name gang ever. And there is a mcguffin. And very nearly a sky beam!

This isn't a bad movie, but it takes a long time to get going. I saw Age of Apocalypse recently (hence the reference above) and that gets going quicker than this does, and that movie doesn't speed into action. At parts, it's not clear if this is a Black Adam movie or a Justice Society movie, or maybe just a Dr Fate movie... but it is certainly at least one of those at various points.

Dwayne Johnson is... on screen. He should remain in the jungle, he is more fun there. Hey, Aldis Hodge is in this! And I wouldn't say that Pierce Brosnan phoned this in, that would suggest he put more effort into his acting that would be justified. "Hey, we need him to do fighting, but all he wants to do is sit around." "That's okay, his fighting will be all unconvincing CGI."

Overall...it's fine. Nothing that exciting. My highest emotional moment was the relief I felt after going to the bathroom.

[END]

No comments: