Friday 25 November 2022

Gloss Anian

I saw this! Moreover, I saw this on the big screen! In the brief window before it hits online, I saw this in the cinema with other people. Who laughed a lot. And also whispered, when they could have shut up. Can't have everything.

Benoit Blanc ends up going to a murder mystery weekend, but what is going on with the people who are there is far more interesting than the why they are going. Big egos are involved, and when they get threatened, we see a lot unravel. Often in a rather hilarious way!

I do feel that the comedy in this movie is ramped up more than Knives Out. Not saying that was a stoic piece, but this just feels more like it is going for the japes. There are a lot of "this scene isn't what you think," duping the audience more than anyone else, but I don't mind too much as Rian spins it out. There are some moments at the end where I felt that Rian was handholding a little too much with "remember this bit that I'm bringing up now?" You can trust the audience a little.

Daniel Craig is of course wonderful, and Janelle Monáe gives a fantastic performance. Edward Norton is just having fun, and Katheryn Hahn continues her big "Agatha" energy. Some quite neat cameos too, although I'm thinking I didn't quite get the impact of all of them.

Glad I saw it on the big screen, but looking forward to rewatching on the smaller. Let's see how many easter eggs there are!

[END]

No comments: