Saturday 4 March 2023

Knock at the Knabin

Okay, MNS, I will watch your movies eventually, and this is the eventually for this movie.

Actually, I'm not sure I ever saw the trailer for this, certainly I had no idea of anything before I went into this movie, so I'm not sure what I can talk about even with my bad recapping of the plot. There is certainly a cabin, and there is indeed a knock, so we can check the title as accurate. Beyond that, it's one big idea that plays out over the movie, so do I give it away? Am I giving anything away? Does everyone who saw the trailer know what's up? Okay, sure, I could watch the trailer, but where's the fun in that?

One thing this does remind me of is Signs, in that MNS is back on his "belief is important" bullshit. Belief is the only thing that matters, so belief must triumph over everything else. Maybe that gives this away, but this movie gives up on any sense of subtlety and ambiguity by the end, so I'm not going to read deep into it.

There are great performances in this from all the cast. Even the child actor isn't annoying! Everything in the cabin is well done, although the effects on the tv are obvious effects on the tv. But everything else is real and on screen, and well delivered all around.

Catch this if you have easy access, but I wouldn't suggest putting in a lot of effort to do so.

[END]

No comments: