Thursday 25 July 2024

Apes of the Kingdom of the Planet

I eventually got around to seeing this... and I have questions... some of which are even answered!

Noa is good ape, he lives with his clan, he has father issues... then Proximus Caeser wipes out his clan and so he goes on a revenge streak. Which sort of happens. He teams up with the human of the movie, and together they deal with the second half of the movie together. (Hmm... two togethers... eh, I'm gonna leave it.)

I have to say, the human manages to have quite good clothing standards, even if clothes are still around that it dubious... but we do get an answer for that. And how she knows so much. And that that background will lead to another movie definitely where humans and apes clash again. So that will be coming.

More impressive, with less explanation, is that a wooden bridge is still standing. Do the apes maintain it? Do they understand bridge setups? 'Cos that bridge should not still be standing after "many generations". Yes, I actually thought about this during the movie.

But all that aside, I did wonder how this was an Apes movie at first. It could have been any story, and yes universal ideas, but this isn't any movie, this is in the Apes franchise! Fortunately, we get there and... I enjoyed it! Yes, even after all the complaining above, I did enjoy this. Well performed, well CGI'd, well done all around.

I don't miss seeing this in the theater, so check it out when you can, and no doubt in a few years we will get another one.

[END]

No comments: