Friday 26 July 2024

Deaderine & Wolvpool

Not the first available screening, but the second day, still, got there.

I went into this without having seen the final trailer that apparently gave away a lot of the stakes, and also deliberately skipped reviews, and I think I am the better for it. Yes, we can have the whole "spoilers don't matter" discussion, but sod it, I went in unknowning, so I'm not going to explain it to you.

This is a fine outing for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. Have to say that Hugh does get some more emotional scenes than Ryan does, so be ready for those. There are some amazing camoes I knew nothing about, so I won't say anything other than "damn, they look fine!". Although they clearly wanted Richard E. Grant over Matthew Macfadyen.

And yes, a lot of humour, R-rated so. Indeed, Event Cinema kept saying "This is R16, so have photo id ready!" Didn't see anyone checking for id, but then I can't say I saw anyone suspiciously young. But yeah, lots of laughs to be had, as well as cheers.

Overall, the story is... well, meh, to be honest, but this isn't a movie you are going to for a deep plot. It is Deadpool after all. Definitely enough to keep going, but more something to string everything together.

If you can hold out for the D+ release, that's fine, this isn't something you need to see in the theatre... but this is something that people can give away a lot of the best reveals to.

[END]

No comments: