Yeah, I can see why everyone is saying this is Spielbergian.
Denise Platt is part of a family that is fracturing, so it would be nice if something could happen to bring them together. Fortunately, her whole suburb is isekai'd back into the past, and now there are dinosaurs and running!
Okay, I have a lot of technical questions. First, they acknowledge the lack of electricity and water... but don't mention anything about the toilets, or showers, eww.... Second, the dinosaurs (and there is a large mix of dinosaurs that did not occur at the same time - at best it could be handwaved by 'everyone was transported in time' but...) are furry, they should be feathery. And they don't do what they did in that one photo (I will leave that as vague). And then there is the ending, but I can't get into that here.
But hey, it's not really about the dinosaurs, it's about Family! (Because every movie is about Family.) Denise and Greg are low key fighting, Audrey and Brian are seeing this and getting upset, but they all have to come together, so boy howdy you know that's coming. Indeed, there isn't a lot that happens that isn't surprising, although there is definitely some things I will give the movie credit for doing that I didn't foresee. On the other hand, along with the toilet situation, it's fortunate that only about ten people were in the entire suburb when it got transported back otherwise there would be a lot more people trying to deal with everything.
Anne Hathaway is doing well, turning up as she is in everything, and it's largely because of her that this script became a movie. Ewen McGregor is there, and I'm not sure if he was trying to do an accent or what. The "kids" are fine. And hey, P. J. Byrne is there! The dinosaurs are decent, although see above for various issue I have with them.
Now, for no reason, I need to go buy Froot Loops...
[END]
No comments:
Post a Comment