Oh, it was a Gore Verbinsky movie!
A man comes from the future to try to save it by gathering a group of people to slow it (it's gonna happen) from happening in such a bad way. And then we follow them, with some flashbacks to see how some of them got to be the way they are.
And it is fun! However, it is not a subtle movie. It has an anti-technology bent and isn't shy about it. And I saw the twists miles before they were twisted. Which doesn't stop it being fun, but does take some of the air out of its wind.
Sam Rockwell is great, even in a plastic trenchcoat. We also get people I recognise such as Zazie Beetz, Michael Pena, and Asim Chaudhry, and one I don't, Haley Lu Richardson, who seems to have a successful career too. The effects are decent enough, and work fine as it's not trying to take itself too seriously.
Enjoyable movie, but I don't see my coming back to it.
[END]
No comments:
Post a Comment