Ah, a "Somewhere In East Asia" film! Classic genre!
A daughter gets kidnapped, and her father immediately goes into fight mode to beat up people, but initially fails. And the cops are useless. Tracking down one person, he teams up with someone else who is looking for his journalist wife, and the two of them start tearing through gangs to get to the kids. And then we are about halfway through the movie, so need more fights!
Lots of great fight choreograph here, quick jabs and punches, some little prop work, but a lot of just moving around the area, nicely done. I don't know who the main actors are, so don't know if it is a big deal that they are together, but it's all good. (Although I did recognise Yayan Ruhian... (although not to the extent of knowing his name, just that I went "hey, I recognise that guy!"))
People compare this to The Raid and I can see that... might have to go back and rewatch that some time... Want a full on action piece? This works!
[END]
No comments:
Post a Comment