Tuesday 18 December 2007

Bee-wolf

So I did get around to watching Beowulf (although not the 3D version - although I could tell where things were going to be thrusting into my face...).

Yeah, it's an animated movie all right (although I gather they don't like being considered "animated" like all the other movies out there), but it's nothing that impressive given the current state of technology. Frankly, Shrek could have done this. I saw photo-realistic stuff like this back in Final Fantasy 7. Most of the images are nice, but when their mouths move, it doesn't come across as quite right.

Story-wise, I think I should get around to reading the actual poem at some point, because I can see that this is a rather glossy retelling that undoubtedly takes many liberties with minor things like details and actual plot.

Ultimately, it was enjoyable, but not something that will be remembered throughout the ages...

[END]

No comments: