Tuesday 21 June 2011

Fishpunked

So I finally got The Orange Box... from a certain site I'm not going to mention(*) nor link to, but if you're guessing, think of some animal like, say, a fish and where it might be, like, say, a pond, and you might get the site in mind.

I ordered it... oh, a while ago. Now, it was cheap. CDWOW is does have it cheaper now, and in stock, but at the time, that site had it cheap. And no shipping cost. Good-o, gimme gimme gimme...

The site reports 'we need to get this from overseas, give us between two to four weeks...', so I do, it can't be that bad, right?

...four weeks later...

And no, it hasn't arrived, the site now says 'it's late, we're going to get someone to look into this', and says 'give us another week'. Well, it must be almost here, right? And it does come fairly quickly.

So it tries to charge me. But because it's been storing my old credit cards, it fails. I update new details, and wait for it to try again (it's automated, I can't say 'I've updated it, go!').

And then it fails again. What? So I enter it in completely fresh, and wait... and it stays on 'processing'. If it wasn't for the fact that it thought that it would be available the following Monday, I'm not sure it would have kicked out of it. And even then, it went back to 'we'll get staff to check on this'. Which, apparently, no-one did. For several days.

Finally, I'm charged. It's in stock, so... it's now "On Order"??? The hell? But it's in stock! The order is there!

The system finally automatically assigns a copy to me, and it does get into the mail...

And so, I get it. 40 days later. Yep, a month and a frickin' half!

Screw you, I'm never shopping there again...

(*)I know about Google Alerts...

[END]

No comments: