Monday, 27 July 2026

Leg End of AAaanngg

It's been a while, although it was a bit less as this leaked, but now it's actually out there properly.

Aang is feeling sorry for himself and his lost Air Nomad culture, when he is attacked by the Denied (I think that's their name.) They are after something from a previous Avatar, so Aang goes on a journey to get their first, first finding a new friend, and then a new artifact. I guess everything it looking happy for Team Avatar then!

This feels like a few episode ideas stuck together into one story, or a comic arc (which I've read). So for that it is fitting, but since it has to fit into the continuity of Korra, you know there has to be some Return To Normal going to happen (but not entirely). It's nice to see Team Avatar back, but I can't say this really feels like a story that had to be told, more like something for a sequel movie or so. There are a few callbacks, and sudden dips to jokes, but fortunately they are limited.

The cast is fine. I know not a lot of the original voice cast was invited back, but they get close enough that I'm happy with them (it's been a while since I saw the cartoon). The animation isn't quite as I recall, but again it's close enough.

So this is a close enough movie. Not needed, but fine. 

[END]

No comments: